So you just finished installing AMP for WP and now you are wondering what to do?
Then, this is the perfect guide to help you to set up AMP on your Website.
Here are the 9 actionable steps that will take you through the essential settings required for AMP. It will also help you understand the basics of AMP.
If your website has a logo, if you want to Show your website logo in AMP version of your site, then you can Upload LOGO from here.
- You will find this option in the WordPress Dashboard -> Go to AMP option Panel -> Settings -> General
- First Option, you can See Logo option. Choose Logo from your System Library and Click on Upload Logo
- Don’t forget to Save.
To Enable AMP on Pages, you have to Enable Pages option from AMP settings dashboard.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard -> Go to AMP option Panel -> Settings -> General -> Enable “Pages” option and click on the “Save Changes” button.
Note: After doing this, It is recommended to Re-Save permalinks.
If your Website has a static front page, if you want to show static front page on AMP version of your site, then kindly follow the below given steps.
- First, go to the WordPress Admin Area -> AMP option panel -> Settings -> General -> Enable “Homepage” option.
- If you want to Enable AMP on your Homepage, Turn ON Homepage Support.
- By default, AMP shows your website Latest Posts. If you want to Show Static Front Page on your AMP site Homepage, then Click Turn ON to Enable Static Front Page.
- Select A Page, which you want to use as Static Front Page on your AMP site.
- Click on the ” Save Changes” button.
It’s very simple to just enable the Ad of the particular place where you want to place the Ads Follow the simple steps.
- First, go to WordPress admin area ->AMP option panel -> Settings -> Advertisement.
- In the Advertisement section, we provide users to place Ad in 6 possible places. These are free Ads option you can display your ads in 6 places.
- Enable the Ad of your preferred position and add the “AD Size”, “Data AD Client” and “Data AD Slot” given by Adsense.
If you want to integrate Google Analytics in AMP version of your site, you can do as below.
- You will find this option in the WordPress Admin Area -> AMP option panel -> Settings -> Analytics
- Google Analytics: First enable the Google Analytics option and Enter the Analytics ID.
- You will find this option in the WordPress Admin Area -> AMP option panel -> Settings -> SEO
Select SEO Plugin: In this option, User can select SEO Plugin
Currently we compatibility with Three SEO Plugin:
Advanced Indexing :
- You can even use advanced index/no-index options of Archive subpages, Author Archives and Date Archives in AMP. The below picture shows the switches which allow you to select index/no-index in AMP.
- URL Inspection tool compatibility option has always enabled this index in enabling in the google search engine.
- If you disable this particular options then Google will not index that particular at archives pages
7. Structured Data
- You will find this option in the WordPress Admin Area -> AMP option panel -> Settings ->Structured Data
- Schema & Structured Data: You can select the structure data type for posts and pages by using this option.
- Default Structure Data Logo: It is recommended to Add Default Structured Data logo to your website. However, we can’t see this logo anywhere on our website, and this is specially made for Google. In case if you don’t upload a Structured Data logo, it may lead to Structured Data Errors in Search Console.
- Custom Logo Size: If you want to add Custom Logo Size, you can enable this option and can give Custom Logo Width & Height.
- Default Post Image: It is recommended to add the Default Post image, which will be shown as featured image when you don’t add any featured images to post. If you don’t upload the Post image, it may lead to Structure Data Error in Search Console.
- Default Post Image width & height: You can also provide Height and Width for Default Post Image, 700×550 is the default value. You can have any values higher than the default value.
- Default Thumbnail for VideoObject: You can upload the Thumbnail you want to show as Video Thumbnail.
In order to improve the Appearance of AMP version of your site, we have Designed Four templates. You can Choose them from the Design Settings.
- You will find this option in the WordPress Admin Area -> AMP option panel -> Design -> Themes
- When you activate the AMPforWP plugin, by default it will be Swift. You can change the design using the Theme selector.
- There are Four templates, by default Choose Any Design from the Drop-down menu.
It is recommended to create a Custom Menu for AMP. From this page, you can create Custom AMP menu. If you don’t want Custom Menu for AMP, you can use the default menu.
- You need to enter your WordPress dashboard -> Click Appearance -> Menu
- If you want to add navigation menu in Header then select AMP menu checkbox for that particular menu and click on save menu button.
- If you want to add navigation menu in Footer then select AMP Footer Menu checkbox for that particular menu and click on save menu button.
It is a beginner tutorial to Get Started for AMP. If you need more information on How to setup AMP, you can refer to this page > AMP Tutorials
- AMP for WP Installation Tutorial
- How to install Advanced AMP Ads Plugin Extension
- How to Add Adsense Link Ads in AMP
That’s it for this tutorial!
We hope it helped you. If you have any feedback or questions, then please share them in the comments section below.