First, you need to create a Tag manager (Container ID) :
Create the Google Tag Manager container at:
Then you should create separate containers for the standard WordPress site and the AMP version.
creating the AMP container then you must choose container type= “AMP”
When creating the container for use with the NON-AMP then you should create a container type= “Web”
This means there will be different “container” / “container type” and different tags for the AMP and the non-AMP version of the site.
Follow the steps below to Add Google Tag Manager ( GTM ) in AMP for WP:
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to your sidebar. Head on over to AMP option panel.
2. Next, click on Settings -> Analytics -> Google Tag Manager
- Google Tag Manager: If you enable Google Tag Manager we can track particular tags on websites.
- Tag Manager ID (Container ID): In this field, you can enter the Tag Manager ID (Container ID).
- Analytics Type: In this field, you need to enter the Analytics Type for Eg: (googleanalytics).
- Analytics ID: In this field, you need to enter the Analytics ID for Eg: (Eg: UA-XXXXXX-Y).
- IP Anonymization: By default, this option enables it will show the IP address
We are always updating this tutorial. If you have an insight or something that can help other users, then please write to us below.
Troubleshooting in GTM
1. How to fix the console error – it has been blocked by CORS policy?
Cors Policy allows on your server if you don’t know how to do this then contact your hosting company still you are having an issue then contact our support team from here.
2. How to test if your GTM code is working or not?
Follow these steps:
- First, go to your AMP Homepage.
- Press the CTRL + U to check the source code.
- Next, in source code press the CTRL + F and search for your Analytics ID.
- If you have GTM installed correctly then it will display after the <body> tag like in the below screenshot.
That’s it for this tutorial!
We hope it helped you. If you have any feedback or questions, then please share them in the comments section below.