Step 1 – First we have to create Wildcard subdomain entry using DNS.
- To create a wildcard subdomain in cPanel, navigate to Domains -> Zone Editor from the cPanel menu.
- Then click + A Record to create an A record for your wildcard subdomain (*.yourdomain.com.).
- Note the additional period after your domain name. Ensure that A record points to your server’s IP address.
- While creating the name of the record use asterix (*) followed by site name
- Click Add an A Record to complete the configuration and now Wildcard Subdomain is created.
- If you are not using the c-panel then you have to contact your hosting team and inform them to create a wildcard subdomain.
After creating Wildcard Subdomain now you have to enable URL format using “Subdomain Endpoints for AMP” plugin settings for that you can follow the below-given steps
Step 2 – Subdomain Endpoints for AMP is a Paid Plugin Extension. You won’t find that extension in the WordPress Plugin directory. So you have to upload this plugin after purchasing.
- Click on Upload Plugin
- then choose “ Subdomain Endpoints for AMP ” Extension from which you already downloaded after purchase.
- After that, click on Install Now
For more details on how to upload extension click on this link Upload and Install.
- Once you activate the plugin you will find this option in the WordPress Dashboard -> AMP option panel -> AMP Subdomain -> Settings
- Then you have to enable the AMP URL Format option after that you have to select Use Subdomain As Endpoint.
- After selecting Use Subdomain As Endpoint option then you will be having a textarea named Enter subdomain.
- Once you enter the required subdomain and then click on the “Save Changes” button.
The output of Single post
The Output of Homepage
That’s it for this tutorial!
We hope it helped you. If you have any feedback or questions, then please share them in the comments section below.