ThemeForest Newspaper Theme by tagDiv is one of the best premium themes for WordPress. Newspaper theme built for content-rich sites. This very popular theme used by thousands of WordPress bloggers. We found that most newspaper theme users are not technical enough (But Not you), most of the bloggers use shared hosting which slows down their website. Hence, less visibility in search engines and Low traffic to their site.
For this kind of sites Google has came up with new project called Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), By integrating AMP in your website load time increases to 4X faster, Decrease in bounce rate, more special visibility in search engines.
It requires lot of effort to enable AMP to your website, but don’t worry many developers made us easy to enable AMP to our website with just few clicks.
Here, We will cover below points in this article
1. Implementing AMP on WP Newspaper Theme by tagDiv.
- Login to WordPress Admin panel –> Plugins –> Add New –> Search for “Accelerated Mobile Pages” (By Ahmed Kaludi, Mohammed Kaludi) –> Click Install –> Click Activate.
- After Activating the plugin, You will see a Message saying “This Theme requires following Plugin: AMP, Begin Installing Plugin” –> Click on Begin Installing Plugin –> Install (Check the below Screenshots)
Now let us make our website more eye-catching by Adding Logo, Analytics Code, Changing Color Scheme.
Now let us compare Single post of AMP and Non-AMP with Newspaper theme (without ads) by adding /?amp at end of the URL.
2. Adding Advertisements in Newspaper Theme
- Login to Google Adsense Account –> Go to My ads tab –> Create New Ad Unit or Select Existing ad unit of any size –> Copy the Code.
- Login to WordPress Admin panel –> Go to Newspaper theme settings –> Theme Panel –> Ads tab –> Paste the Code –> Save Settings
3. Adding Advertisements in AMP
- Login to Google Adsense Account –> Go to My ads tab –> Create New Ad Unit or Select Existing ad unit of any size –> Copy the AD Slot Id and Publisher Id
Note: Selecting Responsive Ad size is recommended for Sticky Ad.
- Login to WordPress Admin panel –> Navigate to AMP (This opens the AMP settings Panel) –> Go to In Content Ads –> Paste the Publisher Id in DATA AD CLIENT Section and Ad Id in DATA AD SLOT Section –> Click on Save Changes
Adding In-Content Ads in Single Post
Downloading Advanced AMP ADS Add-On
Click Here to Purchase the Add-On for Accelerated Mobile Pages Plugin Worth $29.99 for $19.99 (Limited Time).
Click on Purchase –> Fill-In Billing Details –> Click Place Order –> Complete the payment by Debit / Credit Card.
After Successful Payment, Click Here to Download Add-On for Accelerated Mobile Pages Plugin from My Downloads Page.
Installing & Activating Advanced AMP ADS Add-On
Note: FileZilla FTP Client Required is to Activate the Add-On or Login to CPanel –> File manager
- Navigate to Downloads folder –> Extract the advanced-amp-ads.Zip files to desktop (or wherever you like).
- Open FileZilla FTP client –> Connect to Your WordPress Website.
- In Remote Site Plane, Go to –> Root Directory –> Wp-content –> Plugins
- In Local Site Plane, Go to –> Extracted folder –> Right-click on Folder –> Click Upload.
- Drag and Drop the Extracted folder to Plugin Folder
Login to WordPress Admin panel –> Plugins –> Click on Activate Advanced AMP Ads
Now let us see how single post In-Content ads looks on AMP enabled page.