Hey there! It gives me an immense pleasure to announce this update because I think we have been able to deliver much of what we have been planning.
We were able to include one of the most important features ‘Page Builder’ in this update. Not only that, but the plugin went through many improvements, much-needed code restructuring, and some important bug fixes as well.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS UPDATE:
Page Builder for AMP
One of the main highlights of this update is the all-new Shiny feature called Page Builder which allows you to easily make a landing page on AMP.
It has got various modules (which are basically widgets) with a drag and drop user interface which makes it easy for you to create content based landing pages.
There are 4 modules available in the Page Builder:
- Blurb Module: Allows you to show an image, text, and description in the column format. You can add as many blurb modules as you want with just one click.
- Button Module: Allows you to add a button on the page. It’s got an option that allows you to set the size of this button and there’s an option for the link target too.
- Text Module: Gives you a fully functional WYSIWYG text editor (just like the one in WP post editor), which allows you to setup all the content with the proper formatting with headings, images, and paragraph.
- Category Module: Allows you to display posts from specific categories. This was already present as a separate widget but now merged as a part of AMP Pagebuilder Modules.
- and many more are on the way! 🙂
Let’s quickly see what else has changed:
- Page Builder Support added (See Tutorial)
- Comments are not showing properly when words are long #861
- Remove amp-social-share extension .js from Pages #853
- The tag ‘amp-sidebar extension .js script’ appears more than once in the document #828
- Remove Advertisement tab #839
- Compatibility with Slide-in Plugin by WPMU dev #866
- Mobile redirection issue with bbpress #867
- All the data must be properly sanitize in the sidebar #849
- AMP html should not be added on the second page of comments
- Author page’s support #456
- URLs in comments should be clickable(links) #869
- Featured image should be centered in desktop mode #870
- Added More Hooks #721 (Documentation on this coming soon!)
- Page 2 goes to the wrong URL #865
- Proper Title and meta for homepage and posts #850
- Gist Support added #608 – Just add a shortcode and enjoy Devs (Ex:
- /blog/amp pagination not working #875
- separate the Text and Date format in design 2 #876
- Comments show in AMP w/o breaks between paragraphs #873
- If no featured image below hooks are not working #877
- Change meta name =”Viewport” and its value #878
- Bolt icon in option #474
- Code restructuring and code quality improvements.
- Create a seperate function for comment code in frontpage.php #682
- Remove all the duplicate code from frontpage.php of all the designs and use hooks to add the code instead of static code #889
- Few Debug errors removed.
We pushed 46 commits in this release.
I would like to thank all the plugin users and WP community in general for the amazing feedback. AND Thanks to the whole team who are on this journey.
As always, You keep reporting the bugs and we will keep fixing them