We’re excited to announce this update. It does have some exciting updates but we were working on a very exciting new feature called ‘Content Builder‘ which will allow you to make the landing pages with drag and drop user interface and that will be the part of core plugin! But we were having complexities with some parts of the feature so unfortunately, we had to drop the feature for this update. You can expect this feature in the next update for sure.
In this update, the major functionality that we built was Facebook comments in AMP pages. We are proud to mention that we are the first company in WordPress market that has implemented Facebook Comments in AMP.
Let’s quickly see what’s changed:
- Design 3 Social Icons issue #832
- View non AMP leads to /?nonamp=1 #814
- [youtube] shortcode compatibility improved #557
- welcome.php should be shown only if user is “administrator” #696
- Facebook comments support added in AMP #825
- WP Like Button Compatibility #841
- Custom Taxonomy Support added with Custom Post Type Extension.
- Front page – comments not found as expected #837
- Fixed xml:lang tag issue #848
- Sanitize Iframe in the archive description Fixed #845
- Compatibility with Newspaper Theme by TagDiv #842 and #796
- Some debug problems (blog page, style.php) #838
- Featured Image hooks added
- Twitter is misspelled #854
- The core concept of the AMP Content builder has been built.
We pushed 46 commits in this release.
I would like to thank all the plugin users and WP community in general for the amazing feedback.
Once again, thanks to the whole team who are on this journey.
As always, You keep reporting the bugs and we will keep fixing them