We were working on our normal release schedule but just 6 hours ago, the AMP by Automattic released an update which caused a fatal error so we have included that fix in this update as well. If you faced a 500 error after the recent AMP update then this update will fix it.
Let’s have a look at the Change log:
- AMP by Automattic 0.5 compatibility added #1020
- BuddyPress Pages compatibility issues fixed #1011
- Page builder text and button module issues #972
- Turn ON/OFF Option for Pagination. #1015
- Ads are getting added by Simplest Adsense Ads Manager #967
- In <body tag> add post specific ID within the class #1006
- Radio button not working for “Show View more Button” in category module #1019
- Adding Date/ Author in Design 2 blog posts page #1013
- Improve version of Excerpt Length #1013
- Improvement with the sticky head conditions
- Date and author is added on design 2 blog posts page
- Alt tag for homepage, Logo and categories added
What Exactly Happened?
Today AMP – By Automattic team released an update to their plugin, and in that update, they changed some code regarding customizer settings, as we are using that class to add more controls in Customizer, it broke AMPforWP plugin.
You can see in their change log “Fix: PHP Warnings from register_customizer_ui (props jahvi)”
But, we have acted on it quickly and pushed an update within 3 hours of the discovery of the issue. You can see what has been fixed in this version please check this link https://ampforwp.com/0-9-57-released-compatibility-issue-fixed-62nd-update/
How can I fix my site? Its still showing Fatal Error or HTTP 500 Error
- 1. Go to your plugins directory with FTP and delete AMP plugin by Automattic, yes you read it correctly delete AMP plugin by Automattic.
- 2. Now, your site will be up and log in to your WordPress dashboard and update AMPforWP plugin.
- 3. AMPfroWP plugin will now prompt to install AMP by Automattic, install it and you are done.
Will this can happen again in future?
No, this will not happen again. Because after today’s experience to us and more importantly to our users, I have decided to remove the dependency of AMP by Automattic plugin, and promise you this AMPforWP will be a stand alone plugin with out any dependencies very soon.
I apologize deeply for the inconvenience and trouble you all faced, and I thank you to all the users who have reported the issue.
I would like to thank all the plugin users and WP community in general for the amazing feedback.
As always, You keep reporting the bugs and we will keep fixing them