So, this update came out a little early than expected because of all the chaos we had after the last 0.5 AMP update. Although we acted pretty fast on it, there were still issues popping up here and there.
What did we learn from the Saturday’s update?
We must take all the necessary steps to make sure the code is polished enough to release to the public. If we are relying on a 3rd party vendor then beta testing is the must. Even though it was technically not our fault, but it’s our responsibility to make sure that we deliver the consistent user experience (i.e, to not break the sites).
We have taken all the necessary measures after which I assure you that we will never face such issue. You won’t be needing the AMP by Automattic plugin from now on, so you can go ahead and delete it if you want to.
I really thankful to each and every single user for sticking with us and helping each other in the good and in the bad times.
Let’s have a look at the Change log:
- Genesis SEO for AMP support added
- AMP 0.4.2 Vendor Bundled for making it crash proof, which means default AMP is not required anymore.
- Archive description only on 1st-page #1029
- Ads are not working after 0.9.6 #1030
- The Post 0.9.57 Update Bugs fixed #1025
- All Images are aligned on left side in design 3 #1031
- Custom front page title issue in Design 3 fixed
I would like to thank all the plugin users and WP community in general for the amazing feedback.
As always, You keep reporting the bugs and we will keep fixing them
It’s 4:10 AM and now I’m signing off