Hey everyone, Its been few weeks since we pushed a big update and there are reasons for it. I have so man points to cover this week!
If you are looking for Call To Action in AMP then please see this post.
So, here is what we are up to!
Our lead developer, Mohammed, is still recovering from a health problem which is one of the reasons why we became slow in pushing major updates. We were still pushing important updates constantly every week but nothing in terms of advancements. He has still not recovered fully but has started to work just a few hours a day based on his comfortability. Please Pray for his recovery so that he can come back in full action!
Also, We hit 30,000 active users just a few days ago!!! Which is a huge deal for us! We started with a humble thought of helping users with their AMP related problem which quickly grew into a big community. I would like to personally thank each and every person who has downloaded and installed this plugin.
Coming over to me, Two weeks ago, I got involved in an accident which resulted in me not working for more than a week. I can’t use my left hand for typing for next two weeks. and Yes! I am literally typing with one hand.
A huge thumbs up to our team who took care of the action behind the scenes in these tough times. We couldn’t have done without them.
Coming to the point, this update is our usual one, with fixes, improvements, and advancements.
Let’s quickly see what’s changed:
- Meta saving method updated for customAMP content editor checkbox was causing some conflict.
- Wrong Yoast title and structured data in Custom Frontpage fixed
- CSS minification all 3 designs
- Polylang flags in menu was causing validation issue, is now resolved
- WPML flags in menu was causing validation issue, is now resolved
- Standardized function created for content sanitization.
- Archive description now displays AMP compatible markup
- Comments markup sanitized for AMP
- Design 3 images not aligned properly, fixed
- Images are aligned to center in Design 1.
- carousel ending with //amp instead of /amp – fixed #753
- Title of the Post along with Post link when shared in twitter #683
- Ads were cutting in half in RTL, fixed
- Add / at the end of AMP links with in the AMP pages (Internal links) #668
- Rendering the wrong URLs in front page if paged #742
- Option to turn off AMP on all pages, so people can turn on only for specific pages #746
- Need Meta Description on amp pages #741
- Woocommerce Loop shortcode updated
- Call Now Button added in header #563
- Post images are not centered in Design 3 #695
- UX of GTM settings done, since users were getting confused #700
- Front page amphtml fixed for paginated pages
I would like to thank all the plugin users and WP community in general for the amazing feedback.
Once again, thanks to the whole team who are on this journey.
As always, You keep reporting the bugs and we will keep fixing them 🙂