It’s been a hard two weeks of improvements. We have made several enhancements to the plugin. Although we were supposed to release it last week, we decided to extend the release date by one more week because we have made one big change in the code structure and we wanted to test it thoroughly before pushing it.
Let’s quickly see what’s changed:
- The default translation method of WordPress added. (Option in Translation panel to switch between Translation panel and POT file #540)
- A new Advertisement slot added above the related posts in the Single. It not only gives better options for people to display ads but this ad slot is also very handy if you are using ad companies like Taboola and RevContent.
- Another Advertisement slot added below the post title in the Single post.
- Fatal error: require_once report-bugs.php #747 fixed
- Add / for codes in Meta Description #766 fixed
- Controls re-adjusted & Renamed title of yoast description control in Options panel
- Design-3 Slider URL redirecting to non-AMP page #758
- Added new sanitizer For HTML to AMP-HTML conversion
- Sanitized Archive descriptions so that it would convert to AMP
- Comments sanitized with new sanitizer so that HTML tags automatically become AMP compatible.
- 301 redirects on non-pretty internal links #767
- Create a filter to modify the value of rel=”amphtml” #778
- Max-width added for images in comments
- If in WooCommerce ?amp endpoint set then update href.
- Undefined Variable (Debug) #733 and many other debug issues were fixed
- Show last updated Post instead of published date #575
- WooCommerce Widget added to display latest products on homepage. #763
- add amp_post_template_above_footer hook global in all the designs #779
- Excerpt on top of the content in Single #665
- Subscribe box has been improved for the UX needs #712
- Notice warnings since 0.4.2 update #740
- AMP Comments Form Integration with the extension
- Filter added on the loop in Homepage of the Design 3 so that it can be modified with an external plugin.
- 404 on paged home page #781
- Twitter handle should be at the end of the tweet not in the beginning #787
- Wrong Rel Canonical for AMP Custom Frontpage #799
- Merged a pull request #761 that will improve the title and description output that is much more stable and flexible for future enhancement and use. It was contributed by Sybre Waaijer – Thanks mate for the contribution, we (our team and users) really appreciate your hard work done on this code.
- Extension page user experienced improved.
- Removed old Youtube installation video and replaced with new one.
I would like to thank all the plugin users and WP community in general for the amazing feedback.
Once again, thanks to the whole team who are on this journey.
As always, You keep reporting the bugs and we will keep fixing them