The opt-in form lets your visitors subscribe to your Blog. Opt-In forms play a crucial role in your Internet Business. With your blog subscribers, you can do a lot of things. you can share your latest blog posts, you can tell about updates on your product and a lot more things. We believe Opt-In forms play a crucial for every Internet Market. So especially for them, we have added Opt-In form support in AMP.
You can get Opt-In Support in AMP from here >Opt-in in AMP
Let’s get started to know, How to Create Opt-In form in AMP
How to Create Opt-In form in AMP
After Installing & Activating AMP Opt-in Forms plugin extension, In your WordPress Dashboard, you can see AMP Optin Section, as shown in below image.
First of all, Click on Add New Optin as shown below
To Create an Opt-In form, follow the below steps.
- AMP Opt-In Demo is the title of your Opt-In form. It can be anything of your choice.
- Then, select which Newsletter Company you use. I am using MailChimp to demonstrate, there are many other Newsletter Companies in the market. you can select your Newsletter Company from the Drop-Down menu.
- API URL is a dynamic parameter which changes from one Newsletter Company to another. Each Newsletter Company has its own dynamic parameters, which helps to store the user data in your Subscribers list.Note: If you are unsure about those dynamic parameters, you can refer to the Tutorial given below the Newsletter company.
- From Title Section, You can Add the title to your Opt-In Form. It can be anything of your choice. This Title will be displayed on your Opt-In form.
- The Description is nothing but the description of your Opt-In form. It can be anything of your choice.
- In Field labels, you can control to what to show on the Opt-In form. This section takes the Email Address of the User. Remember, this section only takes Email Address. Even if you give a name, it will be considered as Email only.
- First Name will be the First name of the User.
- Last Name will be the Last name of the User.
- Submit button can be Renameable. You can change Submit Button to any catchy word of your choice. For example, ‘Subscribe Me’, ‘Get Notified’ etc..,Note: If you want to Remove certain fields, such as First Name or Last Name, you can simply keep that field blank. So that it won’t get displayed in the Opt-In form. For example, If you keep Last Name field blank, then it will be hidden from the Opt-In form. It won’t ask the user to provide your last name.
- AMP Opt-In Forms Comes with Shortcode feature, with which you can use the same Opt-In form where ever you want in your AMP website.
- When you are finally done with Creating AMP Opt-In form, you can Publish it and start using.
Here is an Example of AMP Opt-In Forms.
Style your Opt-In Form
To Style your Opt-In form to your desired colors, you follow the below steps.
Go to AMP settings > AMP Optin > Style
From here, you can change the Background Color, Headline Color, Form Text Color, Button Background Color & Button Text Color in your Opt-In form.
Position your Opt-In Form
From Position Section in AMP Optin settings, you can control the positioning of your Opt-In form.
- If you want to show Optin Form Box in Content, First of All, Turn ON ” Automatically Show Optin Form in Content “
- Select an Optin to display from the Drop Down.
- Turning ON Optin Form Above Content, Make your Optin Form Appear above the Content.
- Turning ON Between the 50% Content, Make your Optin Form Appear Between half of your content.
- Turning ON Below Content, Make your Optin Form Appear Below the Content.